Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Basketball Fundraiser 5/12
- Committes needed
- STEM Night 3/24
- Plant Sale update open now
- International Fair update 4/28 and vote
- Yard Sale 6/3 update
- School start times update ongoing
Plant Sale Information
More plant sale information can be available on our Plant Sale page.
Orders can be placed here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wlGP-4nBjy8HRaLl5_lPDWrBGjmGfLBtR4eQI7pNPlU/viewform?edit_requested=true
Lisbon Elementary PTA Meeting
Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Time: 6:30- 7:00 Open Chat | 7:00 – 8:30 Regular Meeting
(PTA Elected Officials)
- Cathy Datz,
- Diane Byrne,
- Emily Metzler
- Danielle Pientka,
- Ellen Bockelman
- School Principal – Debra Anoff
- Mancy Mehta
- Karen Landry
- Elizabeth Dudley,
- Emily Metzler,
- Tim Goetzinger
- Christina Terranova
A. Call to Order
C. Meeting Minutes Approval:
• Motion by C. Datz
• Second by D. Byrne
D. Principals Report:
• Finishing science portion of MCAP testing
• Update on school start times
• Mason Jar fundraiser was amazing.
• Restaurant night at 4/18/23; EW Becks
• Field Day tshirts available now. Events will be slightly different this year. Stay
• Testing will follow spring break.
E. Asst. Principal Report – Not Present.
F. Teachers Report – Not Provided.
G. Regular Agenda Items:
• Basketball Fundraiser 5/12:
i. Sign up genius for volunteers forthcoming
ii. Need help getting business sponsors
iii. Need volunteers to help with: student volunteers, raffle ticket sales,
sales of candy bars/water, management of souvenir tables, five security
participants, one locker room security person, parking assistance, will call
at game for tickets.
• STEM Night 3/24 – Prep is progressing. In need of volunteers. STEM chair is
still coordinating prep with other parties. Event start time is 6:30 PM. Set up
begins at 5:30.
• Yearbook – information forthcoming.
• Plant Sale (open now):
i. ORDERING OPENS – MARCH 1, 2023
ORDERING CLOSES – APRIL 14, 2023
ORDER PICKUP – MAY 10, 2023
• International Fair 4/28 (requires vote):
i. Two people signed up as of right now.
ii. Same night as battle of the books.
iii. Switching to 4/14 and transitioning to an outdoor international
iv. Vote to move the event and switch the format of the event: Ms.
Anoff, Emily Metzler, Danielle Pientka, Diane Byrne, Elizabeth Dudley,
Tim Goetzinger; Cathy Datz, Mancy Mehta
• Yard Sale 6/3
• School start update
H. PTA President C. Datz Report:
• 240 members; 40 that are staff
• STEM night coming up
• Basketball fundraiser coming up
• Walking Wednesdays have begun.
• Lots of activities.
I. 1 st VP Report (Jessica Jenkins) – Nothing to report.
J. 2 nd VP Report (Diane Byrne):
• Production details to follow. Will complete a program similar to before (Under
the Sea and Annie are the two options.)
• Golf and tennis will be back. Offering 6 week schedule. Possible every day or
every week. Feedback is positive.
• D. Byrne to connect with others to field suggestions and research other
suggestions such as coding, Spanish, tennis.
K. Treasurer’s Report (Elizabeth Hall):
• Treasurer not present. Report provided by C. Datz.
• Budget is available and will be posted for review.
• Checking account and money market balances stated. Balances stated include all
• Need approx.. $8k to cover expenses.
L. Recording Secretary’s Report (Emily Metzler) – Nothing to report.
M. Corresponding Secretary Report (Danielle Pientka) – Nothing to report.
N. Miscellaneous Discussion:
• PTACHC update:
i. Did adopt new school times – Lisbon ES is likely in the 9:15 start time
based on adopted program.
ii. Opt in or out for bus transportation
iii. Still taking letters and emails.
• Calendars – can we incorporate all events onto calendars?
Next Meeting: 4/12/23 7-8 PM